There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo

Peanut butter approach needs change

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros

Flex time
Compensation and benefits
Most people work 9 to 4 so one can have a family. Look at parking lot at 5 pm! It is empty

Cons

Top management do not share common vision
Teams spend too much time on politics and deciding who does what instead of deciding what to do in order to win
Passive aggressive culture prevails
Lack of numbers driven decision making, lack of customer focus. Top leadership denies the world changed so we are still pursuing the portal business when the world rapidly changes to mobile, apps, social networks and location based personal solutions

Focus on products, focus on winning in USA whw we actually have critical mass and are still a top 5 property in most categories and leverage on that asset to invent something on mobile and apps that actually ships on time and that wows customers. Email and homepage are tired businesses... Europe is promising but it is a rounding error and distracts execution... Asia is really a fragmented operation with no common leverage point...

1772 Other Employee Reviews for Yahoo (View Most Recent)

Management is Horrendous

Former Employee - Customer Care - Training  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Care - Training in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Yahoo

Pros

Fast pace, cool industry, lots of potential, some great co-workers with tons of potential.

Cons

Highly political environment where the managers' main goals are to protect themselves rather than produce good work and do what is good for the company. Managers have little to no knowledge about their own industry believing Yahoo is different than the rest of the world. Product decisions leave me wondering if senior mgmt even use the internet! A few workplace bullies make life miserable for all. It was common to be thrown under the bus for doing good work.

Look at the 360 reviews for your managers! I know some of them get terrible reviews from their teams and are promoted. Value talented employees instead of looking for bargains overseas. Start using technology. You guys are about 3 years behind everyone else.

Great place to work, but want to move on because I want to make millions in my 20s

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros

+ work-life balance
    + great benefits, compensation package
    + amazing works
    + very relaxed environment
    + company culture is imbued thoroughly

Cons

+ how can I become a millionaire if keep working at Yahoo during my 20s ?

Be more adventurous outside of the social fads, such as enterprise cloud computing, mobile development, and more.

There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!