Yahoo
3.4 of 5 1,598 reviews
www.yahoo.com Sunnyvale, CA 5000+ Employees

A very flexible place to work but he senior management team and board are incompetent as far as I am concerned.

Principal Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Yahoo

ProsThe overall compensation package is pretty darn good and the work environment is very flexible.

ConsBusiness and engineering processes are nearly non-existent. I could probably write a book on all of the problems within Yahoo.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe lack of vision is really astounding. I have no problem with laying off people if there is justification and a well thought out plan behind the layoff. Executive management should try better communicating with senior management and solicit their input when making such major personnel changes. There should be clear strategic goals conveying what is trying to be accomplished.

Even when executive management does happen to come up with some goals, there never seems to be an tactical plan for accomplishing those goals. To me, this is a failure in communication between the executive management team and the senior management team.

The best of times. The worst of times

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Yahoo

Pros: The overall compensation and benefits are quite good, what you would expect from a Fortune 500 tech company. It's… Cons: The constant changes in the organization structure and leadership team were a distraction and drain. Just when… More

Very political environment. Managers will take credit for your work, and co-workers will backstab you to get ahead.

Senior Program Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Yahoo

Pros: Salary and benefits were very competitive. Cons: Constant reorganizations and layoffs made the environment even more cut-throat,… Advice to Senior Management: More focus on product cross-promotion to increase customer retention. More focus on personalization of the user experience to drive monetization. More focus on partner monetization… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Yahoo.

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer. All reviews posted anonymously by Yahoo employees.