Yahoo

www.yahoo.com

Good personal experience, less so for others.....

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsPersonally, I've had a very good experience working for Yahoo. I have been offered a number of promotions and gained a lot of valuable experience. However, although I believe that this is the product of my own hard work, it does occasionally seem that others have had less valuable experiences.

ConsSeems that if it can be over complicated, it will be. Recently there has been a complete lack of direction, confounded by the utter inability of the Senior Management team to instill any belief in the company, or in their skills as leaders. There is far too much bullsh*t rhetoric that at times seems to fly directly in the face of what we are being told. However, if you can cope with this, then its fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a clear strategy, and stick to it! Way to much disparity in communicating what it is the company stands for. And it would be nice to see the stocks go up, for a change.

Brilliant place to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros: Fantastic culture Amazing minds at work Great people. Great mentorship. Great growth Cons: Lesser pay compared to peers in industry No definite direction Weak management Advice to Senior Management: I can't imagine the pioneer in Web and internet to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Yahoo is the place to be if you want to innovate without boundaries

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros: Yahoo gives independence to innovate and there is transparency in all processes. Also,… Cons: Given that Yahoo is not at its peak - business wise, you have to deal with… Advice to Senior Management: Create an environment where things happen faster. We need to fail fast… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Yahoo.

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!