Yahoo
3.4 of 5 1,600 reviews
www.yahoo.com Sunnyvale, CA 5000+ Employees

Good personal experience, less so for others.....

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Yahoo

ProsPersonally, I've had a very good experience working for Yahoo. I have been offered a number of promotions and gained a lot of valuable experience. However, although I believe that this is the product of my own hard work, it does occasionally seem that others have had less valuable experiences.

ConsSeems that if it can be over complicated, it will be. Recently there has been a complete lack of direction, confounded by the utter inability of the Senior Management team to instill any belief in the company, or in their skills as leaders. There is far too much bullsh*t rhetoric that at times seems to fly directly in the face of what we are being told. However, if you can cope with this, then its fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a clear strategy, and stick to it! Way to much disparity in communicating what it is the company stands for. And it would be nice to see the stocks go up, for a change.

Brilliant place to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros: Fantastic culture Amazing minds at work Great people. Great mentorship. Great growth Cons: Lesser pay compared to peers in industry No definite direction Weak management Advice to Senior Management: I can't imagine the pioneer in Web and internet to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A diverse and collaborative environment that allowed me to be creative and make positive contributions.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Yahoo

Pros: Diversity of work, exposure, opportunity. Cons: beauracracy, process, lack of decision making. Advice to Senior Management: Avoid micro-management and allow employees to have more authority and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Yahoo.

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer. All reviews posted anonymously by Yahoo employees.