Good personal experience, less so for others.....

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros

Personally, I've had a very good experience working for Yahoo. I have been offered a number of promotions and gained a lot of valuable experience. However, although I believe that this is the product of my own hard work, it does occasionally seem that others have had less valuable experiences.

Cons

Seems that if it can be over complicated, it will be. Recently there has been a complete lack of direction, confounded by the utter inability of the Senior Management team to instill any belief in the company, or in their skills as leaders. There is far too much bullsh*t rhetoric that at times seems to fly directly in the face of what we are being told. However, if you can cope with this, then its fine.

Develop a clear strategy, and stick to it! Way to much disparity in communicating what it is the company stands for. And it would be nice to see the stocks go up, for a change.

Other Reviews for Yahoo

Brilliant place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros

Fantastic culture
    Amazing minds at work
    Great people. Great mentorship. Great growth

Cons

Lesser pay compared to peers in industry
    No definite direction
    Weak management

I can't imagine the pioneer in Web and internet to settle being a "premier media company"

Yahoo is the place to be if you want to innovate without boundaries

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros

Yahoo gives independence to innovate and there is transparency in all processes. Also, you get to work with some of the best engineers in the industry.

Cons

Given that Yahoo is not at its peak - business wise, you have to deal with a lot of unnecessary pressures. But it also gives a rare opportunity to perform and deliver.

Create an environment where things happen faster. We need to fail fast to improve our chances of success. Yahoo has every needed capability to succeed.

There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo.

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!