There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo

Good personal experience, less so for others.....

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in London, England (UK)

Pros

Personally, I've had a very good experience working for Yahoo. I have been offered a number of promotions and gained a lot of valuable experience. However, although I believe that this is the product of my own hard work, it does occasionally seem that others have had less valuable experiences.

Cons

Seems that if it can be over complicated, it will be. Recently there has been a complete lack of direction, confounded by the utter inability of the Senior Management team to instill any belief in the company, or in their skills as leaders. There is far too much bullsh*t rhetoric that at times seems to fly directly in the face of what we are being told. However, if you can cope with this, then its fine.

Advice to Management

Develop a clear strategy, and stick to it! Way to much disparity in communicating what it is the company stands for. And it would be nice to see the stocks go up, for a change.

Other Employee Reviews for Yahoo

1. Brilliant place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

Pros

Fantastic culture Amazing minds at work Great people. Great mentorship. Great growth

Cons

Lesser pay compared to peers in industry No definite direction Weak management

Advice to Management

I can't imagine the pioneer in Web and internet to settle being a "premier media company"

2. Yahoo is the place to be if you want to innovate without boundaries

Pros

Yahoo gives independence to innovate and there is transparency in all processes. Also, you get to work with some of the best engineers in the industry.

Cons

Given that Yahoo is not at its peak - business wise, you have to deal with a lot of unnecessary pressures. But it also gives a rare opportunity to perform and deliver.

Advice to Management

Create an environment where things happen faster. We need to fail fast to improve our chances of success. Yahoo has every needed capability to succeed.