There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo

Good personal experience, less so for others.....

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros

Personally, I've had a very good experience working for Yahoo. I have been offered a number of promotions and gained a lot of valuable experience. However, although I believe that this is the product of my own hard work, it does occasionally seem that others have had less valuable experiences.

Cons

Seems that if it can be over complicated, it will be. Recently there has been a complete lack of direction, confounded by the utter inability of the Senior Management team to instill any belief in the company, or in their skills as leaders. There is far too much bullsh*t rhetoric that at times seems to fly directly in the face of what we are being told. However, if you can cope with this, then its fine.

Advice to Management

Develop a clear strategy, and stick to it! Way to much disparity in communicating what it is the company stands for. And it would be nice to see the stocks go up, for a change.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Brilliant place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros

Fantastic culture Amazing minds at work Great people. Great mentorship. Great growth

Cons

Lesser pay compared to peers in industry No definite direction Weak management

Advice to Management

I can't imagine the pioneer in Web and internet to settle being a "premier media company"

2. Yahoo is an "OK" place to work

Current Employee - Principal Engineer
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros

Compensation is very good. There are some extremely good engineers working at Yahoo. It can be fun, but it isn't always. In general I have loved working at Yahoo. Just not sure what I think of it lately. I'll have to see how Ross works out as CEO. At least he's human and a reasonable on at that.

Cons

Management is in constant turmoil. Promotions to Architect are very difficult to come by - it's more like an old boys club. You depened on a lot of other teams doing their part for you to be able to ship. Some of those teams are very poorly staffed and/or managed. Those teams always seem to miss their dates and their code quality is poor. There needs to be more accountability in the orginization.