Yahoo
3.4 of 5 1,606 reviews
www.yahoo.com Sunnyvale, CA 5000+ Employees

Fast paced, always changing work environment

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Yahoo full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNo two days are alike in this fast-paced work environment. Work is diverse and challenging with a global audience and impact. Intelligent and articulate colleagues with managers who really do take a personal interest in your career. Yahoo! is a major player despite its critics.

ConsCritics and negative media are the norm for this major player. Project teams vie for limited engineering resources. Layoffs are always just around the corner.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter prioritize around the core user experience, innovate, and iterate. Increase salary levels.

A good place to work

Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros: Leading technology, you can work on top of many standard tools. Like to work in a big company… Cons: Bad management, relatively low morale. You got to motivate yourself, and… Advice to Senior Management: No advices. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Yahoo Rocks!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Yahoo

Pros: The media give Yahoo a bad rap...it is an amazing company with some amazing people working there. Their products blow the competitors out of… Cons: A lot of changes all the time.... Advice to Senior Management: Get stabilized!!!!!!!! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Yahoo.

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer. All reviews posted anonymously by Yahoo employees.