Yahoo

www.yahoo.com

Too many changes at the top in the last 5 years, but still got life.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsDespite the attrition, the engineers there are smart and passionate. You have the opportunity to learn to solve scalability problems that few companies have to deal with. The recent instability has created career opportunities for those who aggressively seek it.

ConsThe revolving door at the executive level in the last 5 years have made it impossible to execute on any strategic plans, because every new CEO or C-Level executive will reorg and disrupt everything that was in motion.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the executive shuffle. No single executive, organizational makeup, or development methodology is the magic bullet to solving Yahoo's problems. Let people iterate on product experiences to make them better incrementally instead of trying to do some huge change every year.

Yahoo WAS a great company to work for... and THEN...

Site Operations Tech (Former Employee) Ashburn, VA

I worked at Yahoo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: As long as things are moving smoothly your schedule is fairly loose and you are free to come and go as you like.… Cons: With the financial situation they are in it seems they are simply not interested in investing in good talent. Also they went from having… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Incredible Culture, Ideas and People

Global Technology Intern (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Yahoo as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great People. Everyone loves being here and wants Yahoo to win. You… Cons: A little bit of a struggle right now, but everyone… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Yahoo.

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!