Yahoo
3.4 of 5 1,600 reviews
www.yahoo.com Sunnyvale, CA 5000+ Employees

New CEO, New Attitude

Marketing Director (Current Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Yahoo full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery smart group of people to work with. One of the world's largest user bases with huge product potential. Incredible new CEO with the vision to bring Y! back to life.

ConsPast failures (CEOs) still haunt Yahoo!... but Marissa is making fast work of retrofitting the company for the future. It will take time to turnaround.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of any execs who've been around for a while but haven't delivered. Rebuild trust with the team through transparency and communication.

Good working culture, collaborative

Product Manager (Former Employee)
Burbank, CA

I worked at Yahoo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Smart colleagues, good working environment. Despite all the external drama, we kept… Cons: Senior management decision making left a lot to be desired.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Culture and people are great in Yahoo!

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Yahoo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Yahoo has some great and smart people in the company. The culture is also great,… Cons: Note, my comments are pre-Mayer times. I feel that it is a very self-serve model. It is your responsibility to advance your career.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Yahoo.

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer. All reviews posted anonymously by Yahoo employees.