Yahoo
3.4 of 5 1,676 reviews
www.yahoo.com Sunnyvale, CA 5000+ Employees

Rewarding experience, don't be afraid to voice your opinions, the culture has changed for the better.

Account Executive (Former Employee)
Burbank, CA

ProsPeople, people, people. Getting to work with some of the best and brightest in the internet. Access to early stage launches, challenging yet fun work environment. What other job can you work on something that millions of people touch everyday?!?!?!

ConsPeople holding on to what was, forget about what was and make your tomorrow even better. Rigid mid level management. Getting hired there is extremely difficult as HR and recruiters aren't on the same page. For job seekers, build a plan and work it everyday, go straight to the recruiters themselves, the company does a measly 3% of their hiring through the careers site itself. Many if not all jobs already have a candidate in mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the forward momentum, execution, make the hard decisions, hold people accountable and celebrate successes. Identify those that want to win, train them, and get out of their way.

Grat company, great perks, great engineers.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Yahoo full-time for less than a year

Pros: New execs are trying to interact more and give more feedback. Hiring talent is a priority. There is a great… Cons: As the goals and objectives are in transition, some products tend to realign their direction… Advice to Senior Management: Just keep the hard work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Outstanding

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Yahoo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The culture is something many other companies could learn from! Cons: I don't have really nothing to say here. Advice to Senior Management: Maybe a stronger performance review process... Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Yahoo.

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer. All reviews posted anonymously by Yahoo employees.