Yahoo
3.4 of 5 1,675 reviews
www.yahoo.com Sunnyvale, CA 5000+ Employees

Night and day improvement from one year ago. Still work to do, but great momentum now!

Manager (Current Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

ProsMarissa has brought huge, positive changes to the company. The company is operating with a sense of vision and urgency that hasn't been seen since it's very early days. What used to take 18 months to get done is now taking less than six. Having everyone work in the office everyday again instead of seeing random people working from home on any given day and on every Friday has made a big difference. With everyone working together in the office 5 days a week instead of 3-4 days a week the company overall is noticeably more productive now. The free food and free smartphones are great, but by far the best change that has happened since Marissa took over is seeing the company focus back on making user-centric products, instead of developing products primarily to satisfy the demands coming from advertisers. The culture of transparency exhibited at each Friday's all-hands meetings led by Marissa has been a breath of fresh air.

ConsDespite all of the positive changes we've seen over the past year, there are still way, way too many managers. The company could eliminate 50% of the managers and there would still be too many managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider how we can streamline the org chart so we can all work more efficiently. With all of the employee surveys that we've been asked to participate in recently, I don't think I've heard anyone ask for MORE managers, but that's what we keep getting.

Great place to work!

Senior Technical Yahoo (Current Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Yahoo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Marissa Mayer is a great reason to work at Yahoo!,… Cons: Politics, old infrastructure, pay is not competitive to other Silicon… Advice to Senior Management: Follow Marissa's lead and stop the politics. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company

I have been working at Yahoo

There are newer reviews on Yahoo.

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer. All reviews posted anonymously by Yahoo employees.