There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo

A grand experience.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Yahoo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company is phenomenal. The most prolific and giving company I have ever worked for. All of the perks you've heard about as well as stellar managerial communication make it the best company for new talent.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Keep doing what you're doing

1766 Other Employee Reviews for Yahoo (View Most Recent)

It was a very pleasant experience, I freelance Producer/Editor for them and it was a really positive.

Former Employee - Producer/Editor  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Producer/Editor in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Yahoo as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Freelanced with them and it was very good and straight forward. Very good to do business with.

Cons

I really only had good experiences with them the 12 times I worked with them throughout the year.

Learned a lot about internet companies

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I worked at Yahoo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice perks, when I started they had great parties and awesome summer company outings. That all stopped towards the end of 2009 into 2010 to save money. Great bunch of people to work with and easy access to tools for personal and professional growth.

Cons

Poor communication with employees. It took forever to get answers because everyone was in a meeting all the time. How do you get work done if everyone is in a meeting? Then to cut costs they started sending jobs overseas. It was hard to watch.

Better communication with employees. Everyone is so guarded that things don't get done in a timely manner. Stop sending jobs out of the country. People right here need to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!