Yahoo

www.yahoo.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo

A company on the up and up

Former Intern - Technical Intern I in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Intern - Technical Intern I in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Yahoo as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

- Fantastic Intern Perks: In addition to the great campus perks (free food, transportation, 24-hour gym, etc.), there were some great intern only events, both for fun (trip to Giants game, Santa Cruz), and for getting a better sense of Yahoo (tech talks where engineers talk about their work, and distinguished speaker series where high level executives, even marissa, come and talk to us)
- optimistic workforce: I could see that some people really believes in Marissa's vision and seem excited about their work.
- great ceo: Speaking of Marissa, she's great, really down to earth, and I can see her taking Yahoo far.
- Get to work on a pretty substantial project and present it to other Yahoo employees at the end of the summer.
- Yahoo has been in an upswing lately, and I believe that it's only going to get better.

Cons

- older workforce: There was a bit of a culture gap as everyone in my team seemed to be in their late thirties.
- too many meetings/delayed communication: having come from an internship where I could ask for help simply by walking to someone (it was a startup and so everyone was in the same room), I was taken aback by how many meetings there were. It seemed like my manager insisted on scheduling meetings when it could have been a quick sync up by the cubes. Note that Marissa has acknowledged this and wants to fix it. If something required help from another team, you could wait for a while for a response to your issue.

Give Interns housing instead of making them find it themselves.

1958 Other Employee Reviews for Yahoo (View Most Recent)

Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Yahoo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment and benefits.

Cons

Little opportunity for internal growth.

Great experience

Current Intern - Network Operations Engineer in Lockport, NY
    Current Intern - Network Operations Engineer in Lockport, NY

I have been working at Yahoo as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The environment is friendly, inviting, and very humerus most days! They may joke around but all are hard workers and wont hesitate to help.

Cons

I have had only good experiences here.

Streamline the new hire process.

There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo