Yahoo
3.4 of 5 1,679 reviews
www.yahoo.com Sunnyvale, CA 5000+ Employees

Summer internship

Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

ProsIt's the comeback montage from karate kid and everyone knows it! Exciting time to be contributing. Contagious feeling of being able to make it or break it. Very motivational. Mdogg is even cooler and smarter than her hype. Also perks are obviously solid now.

ConsThere's a lot of self-motivated stuff going to production so things can diverge and collide at times (with respect to code and product). Contagious work ethic can wear you out.

Enjoyable place to work

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Burbank, CA

I worked at Yahoo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Lot of existing tools quickly build a product - Groups are generally fairly autonomous, you can have a… Cons: - Lots of layoffs (at the time) - Misallocation of resources- some… Advice to Senior Management: Free food was a great idea. Huge morale booster. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Lots of good people, huge numbers of users, needs to cut layers

Senior Product Manager (Former Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Yahoo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Smart people. Tons of users. Lots of opportunity if you're… Cons: Too many layers, which slows does the ability to innovate… Advice to Senior Management: Cut the layers. Focus on the key media properties: Sport,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Yahoo.

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer. All reviews posted anonymously by Yahoo employees.