There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo

Yahoo Culture

Current Employee - Senior Director in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Senior Director in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros

Great place to work, embraces diversity, open culture, very cognizant of work/family life balance, truly flexible, work hard & play hard is the motto. High end technology & a fun place to be.

Cons

Sometimes a passive aggressive culture. People could be a little more proactive in either agreeing or disagreeing to do something. Atleast then once you know people agree, you have faith they will follow through.

Advice to Management

better alignment to actually achieve a goal. Stick with the same org until you acheive the goal. Too much disruption can cause the company to keep spinning.

reviews filtered by
  1. Cool Place to Work

Former Employee - Technician Data Center in Ashburn, VA
    Former Employee - Technician Data Center in Ashburn, VA

I worked at Yahoo

Pros

Great Benefits, Stock Sharing, Cool People, Easy to get time off, Managers are amicable, lots of learning opportunities (if you are not lazy). Get fed every week (for free - mmmmmm mmmm good!!)

Cons

Not really much to say, some of the people that work there are not cool - that is they are rther disrespectful - but I guess thats everywhere.

Advice to Management

You may want to look at some of the workers there and figure out why you need them - Im not going to tell on anyone - but some of those dudes are not cool people - or so thats the way it seems. I know someone got fired there and it was for a pretty weak reason, basically from my understanding they were told on - but possibly the problem with the employee was exaggerated.

2. Great place to work on web-scale technologies.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros

Lots of interesting projects to work on. Lots of smart people to work with. Lots of in-house libraries to learn from. One of the few places in the world to learn how to build a web-scale platform.

Cons

Lots of flux in senior engineering and upper management, since there are lots of suitors for experienced folk. The new leadership seems promising in vision, but we have to wait for the outcome of its execution.

Advice to Management

The new leadership is setting the vision for the next few years, and things are looking good.

There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo