Yahoo

Senior Interaction Designer

Former Employee - Senior Interaction Designer in Santa Monica, CA
Former Employee - Senior Interaction Designer in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Yahoo

Pros

Overall, I worked with some great product teams at Yahoo. Great product managers and technical leads made for some very satisfying job experience.

Cons

At Yahoo, there were too many reorganizations to caused lots of distractions instead a focus on the projects. A Microsoft buyout was not healthy for the organization

Focus more on the internal workings of the company and less on the stock price and then the products will end up speaking for themselves.

1863 Other Employee Reviews for Yahoo (View Most Recent)

Can be more agile

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros

- Chance to work with really talented and highly motivated people
    - Technology stack is good
    - Problems faced are challenging

Cons

- Transparency
    - Need to be more agile

- People need to be held accountable
    - Need more transparency in feeback and review

Yahoo, not as bad as you might think

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros

People here are very intelligent. I've met some amazing individuals that truly inspire the people around them. Access to job related training is good. Work environment is good. And the all you can drink coffee bar is outstanding!!

Cons

Seems the senior management has forgotten what an internet company should do. They need to be more innovative, or at least maintain a department that innovates. Regardless of whether Yahoo becomes a media company or what, it needs to truly encourage the thinkers here to really think way out of the box. We did have some outstanding engineers here, but with Search gone, there is really no cutting edge technology that can differentiate Yahoo from another web portal. In the Valley, once you stop innovating, you stop the growth needed to stay a power on the Web and you stop attracting the people that will make a difference for the future.

Stop the brain drain, if at all possible. If you're going to buy a property, don't let it die after purchasing it. it's a waste of lots of money and talent. Plus, it is demoralizing to the people that are still here. We need inspiration from Senior management.

There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo