Yamaha

Pros

Relax environment with good people and very nice benefit package. Also great work life balance and flexible schedule and competitive salary if you are in IT.

Cons

No career advancement. Very poor management as top management is ususally folks who have been there a long time without much experience or expetise of what they are managing

Advice to Management

Poor management because the same manager gets moved around to manage diffrerent areas of the business and he / she not learning much

Other Employee Reviews for Yamaha Motor U.S.A.

1. Great place!

I have been working at Yamaha Motor U.S.A. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work with good benefits and exceptional people. Great work life balance.

Cons

No downsides that I have found.

2. Great Company

Former Employee - Maintenance Product & Information Specialist in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Product & Information Specialist in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Yamaha Motor U.S.A. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Yamaha is a premium company to both work for and with in business. I was very impressed with the integrity of their dealings with both consumers as well as competitors. The employees at Yamaha all seem to genuinely love their jobs and their colleagues. There is very little competition between workers rather there is a true spirit of cooperation. Their attention and willingness to work with their customers is second to none. That doesn't mean that they make all of their customers happy all the time. But, I have seen them go to much greater lengths than were appropriate in order to attempt to do so.

Cons

Yamaha Motor Corp, USA is essentially just a giant dealership for Yamaha Japan, or the middle man for the Yamaha dealers across the country. Therefore, if there are things that YMUS wants to do it has to first get approval from Japan. This can take 2-4 years and often much longer which in some ways provides stability but in other ways causes Yamaha to be late in responding to changes in the marketplace.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't change a thing. I really appreciated how the two presidents of Marine & Watercraft, knew ALL the employees names and regularly stopped by their desks to talk and listen. Their open door policy is something that really impressed me, especially in a company of this size.