Yammer

There are newer employer reviews for Yammer

Insanely Great.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Yammer

Pros

A company in a ground-breaking industry... and leading it. Growing super fast, great management, tons of opportunities internally. Everyone I work with is super, super smart, motivated, and hard-working. People believe in what we do and are more passionate about the product than anywhere I've ever worked.

Also... the benefits are absolutely awesome:
Unlimited vacation
Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Free beer.
Free insurance
$100/mo for transit passes/parking
Dog-friendly office
Lots of company-sponsored happy hours and parties.

Cons

Honestly... not much at this point. There will be plenty of changes as the company continues to grow crazy fast, but I think management will navigate the changes well.

Keep it up. I think everyone has a lot of faith in Sacks & Pisoni and in the direction they are taking the company.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Yammer (View Most Recent)

Formally culturally amazing, but being wrung out, corporatized and made sterile by inept and ineffective MSFT nannying

I have been working at Yammer full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Been here over 2 years, seen some amazing stuff, worked with truly ridiculously talented people, incredible culture, crazy perks... but...

Cons

Since the acquisition, we were promised that things wouldn't change - and for about 6 months or so, that was true, but not now. It's nothing like the place it was. Very sad.

Many of the very best, most talented people are bailing out like rats leaving a sinking ship.

The culture that many praise is being wiped out wholesale by Microsoft.

The sellout was great news if you happened to have an employee number <20, but a cop out for everyone else. Just something else for Microsoft to squander....

Fantastic Culture and Product

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Yammer full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great culture, openness, collaborative, focus on customer success. Just an amazing space - the intersection of the major tech and societal trends all in one company... amazing! We get to do incredibly interesting work with great customers.

Cons

None - it's complex and changes a lot, but nobody should come here expecting it to be easy!

Keep the culture alive, and spread it through Microsoft

There are newer employer reviews for Yammer