Insanely Great.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Yammer

Pros

A company in a ground-breaking industry... and leading it. Growing super fast, great management, tons of opportunities internally. Everyone I work with is super, super smart, motivated, and hard-working. People believe in what we do and are more passionate about the product than anywhere I've ever worked.

Also... the benefits are absolutely awesome:
Unlimited vacation
Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Free beer.
Free insurance
$100/mo for transit passes/parking
Dog-friendly office
Lots of company-sponsored happy hours and parties.

Cons

Honestly... not much at this point. There will be plenty of changes as the company continues to grow crazy fast, but I think management will navigate the changes well.

Keep it up. I think everyone has a lot of faith in Sacks & Pisoni and in the direction they are taking the company.

Other Reviews for Yammer

One of the best decisions I made in 2011

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Yammer

Pros

As one of the fastest growing companies in San Francisco, Yammer is an exceptional company with solid management and a product that is revolutionizing the way enterprises communicate internally and externally. I have to say, making the move to Yammer was one of the best decisions of 2011.

My best reasons to work at Yammer include:
    1 - The People. Some of the brightest and smartest people in industry who come from diverse backgrounds.
    2 - The Product. www.yammer.com. Try it!
    3 - Work Life Balance. Who says you can't have a life and be productive and successful at the same time? People at Yammer take pride in the quality of their work and are extremely productive, while maintaining a work/life balance.
    4 - Benefits. Catered lunch and dinner everyday of the work week, plus 3 fully stocked kitchens that look like a mini 7-11. Free bike rentals, I tested this benefit out yesterday and picked up a package from UPS down the road.
    5 - Competitive Salaries.

Everyday passing day at Yammer, we just get more awesome!

Cons

This section is not applicable for my review. I have not came across any downsides of being at Yammer.

N/A as management is always 10 steps ahead of the game

Formally culturally amazing, but being wrung out, corporatized and made sterile by inept and ineffective MSFT nannying

I have been working at Yammer full-time for more than a year

Pros

Been here over 2 years, seen some amazing stuff, worked with truly ridiculously talented people, incredible culture, crazy perks... but...

Cons

Since the acquisition, we were promised that things wouldn't change - and for about 6 months or so, that was true, but not now. It's nothing like the place it was. Very sad.

Many of the very best, most talented people are bailing out like rats leaving a sinking ship.

The culture that many praise is being wiped out wholesale by Microsoft.

The sellout was great news if you happened to have an employee number <20, but a cop out for everyone else. Just something else for Microsoft to squander....

There are newer employer reviews for Yammer.

Worked for Yammer? Contribute to the Community!