There are newer employer reviews for Yammer

Incredible -- best culture I've ever experienced.

I have been working at Yammer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They truly value feedback and dissent. Everyone is valued and knows their role. It's amazing to work with so many talented and intelligent people. The pace is 2x anything I've experienced, and I love it every day.

Cons

With the addition of SFDC management, it's becoming more corporate and a bit less transparent.

Advice to Management

Keep our transparency, culture of dissent, and uniqueness.

Other Employee Reviews for Yammer

Open, fast, collaborative work on a product that genuinely makes peoples' and workplaces better.

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

Pros

- Strong company vision led by a focused management team (no distractions, no building one-off products to make a sale) - You know what you're doing and why; you know what other teams are doing and why - The company is growing quickly and it's because our customers and end-users truly love the product - Work-life balance is surprisingly sane

Cons

- Free food and beer can be too much of a good thing. - It's not a known market yet - you'll spend a LOT of time explaining to your friends what Yammer does and answering "why does it look just like Facebook?"

Advice to Management

Stay the course! But remember that the next 4 million users will be a lot harder to 'win' than the first 4 million - we're far out of early adopter territory now.

Run......fast

Pros

Great place for recent college grads Great engineering team

Cons

Mismanaged expectations and very poor communication Promotions are not based on skills and contributions, too much nepotism Got to throw or be thrown under the bus

Advice to Management

Hire experienced leaders