There are newer employer reviews for Yankee Candle

Great company, but try and work in a larger store

Current Employee - Second Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Second Assistant Manager

I have been working at Yankee Candle part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast paced environment on the weekends or during the holiday season. Discounts on almost all product. Many guests are regulars and will stop in to chat. Company strives to make meeting our sales goals interesting.

Cons

Extremely slow on weekdays in the summer. We can go 3 hours without a single person walking in. Sometimes an employee will be by herself for more than 6 hours. With only 5 employees, there's a lot of cattiness. (It's mainly a personality issue with my coworkers though. Other stores don't have the same problem.) Two girls have been in the same position for 4 years. It's difficult to move up because everyone likes their job and stays! Our sales goals are individually tracked, but sometimes one person will be stuck on the register and will "steal" sales in order to make sure she meets her goals for the week.

When there are problems in the store (stealing sales, poor treatment of guests, etc.) and it's brought to your attention, do something about it. Three team members have spoken to our store mgr in the last 6 months about HR/ethics violations by another team member, but she hasn't even been spoken to, let alone written up.

197 Other Employee Reviews for Yankee Candle (View Most Recent)

Ok @ 1st!

I have been working at Yankee Candle full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits,discount, and awareness of co to public.

Cons

The dm is VERY hard to get along w/. He is very deceptive & will fire you if you aren't blowing budgets out of the water. The rm is very nasty to people & acts like she is better than you & you're just a pion. The co will not do any advertising outside of emails & leaves it up to store staff to bring guests into the store.Secret shops are a joke if you don't trust us don't hire us. The co will pay a someone who doesn't even work for them to come in & report how I am doing my job. But stores can't have enough payroll to have more than 1 manager & associates there @ a time. Corp doesn't care about what's going on in stores or how we are treated.

Seems to have too many chiefs & not enough indians!

Rewarding in the beginning then all downhill from there

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Yankee Candle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Benefits, product and sales staff

Cons

Little chance of advancement unless you just put up with the b.s.

Take a closer look at the Store Managers & what they are getting away with