I'd work here again.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Yankee Candle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great customers, decent pay, love the fragrances. You have a lot of wiggle room as far as making customers happy. Lots of down time

Cons

Never have every thing to complete floorsets , also once you sell through you constantly have to improvise to fill tables. Lots of down time DM don't know anything about running a store, most don't know how to ring a sale. If your store closes you will most likely know before the higher ups think you should , which will tick you off even more.

Advice to Management

Listen to your managers we do know our markets.

Other Employee Reviews for Yankee Candle

Decent company to work for

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Yankee Candle part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get a pretty good discount (50% on all candles and 25% on other fragrancing items like reed defusers, car freshners, etc.) The customers are generally pleasant (at least more so than what some other retail stores have to deal with) and the work isn't difficult.

Cons

The salary starts out low and raises are few and far between. Also, the shifts can go by really slow when business is slow, which is about 8 months out of the year (excluding the holiday season which can get really busy).

Advice to Management

Don't take wax so seriously.

1st Assistant Manager

Former Employee - First Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - First Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Yankee Candle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best reason to work for the company is because you don`t have to stay over night to do floor moves and best part get paid every week.

Cons

Company is super fake. Don't care about their employees. Very very cheap with payroll. They want so much work done with no staff and no $$$. I would think twice about working for this company if your thinking of applying.

Advice to Management

I think the DM should work more elbow to elbow with their management staff instead of bossing around not even knowing how to run a store on their own. DM take there titles beyond their heads. M.Morris D37