There are newer employer reviews for Yankee Candle

Overall a positive experience

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Florida State, FL
Current Employee - Store Manager in Florida State, FL

I have been working at Yankee Candle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Yankeee Candle has a satisified customer approach. Our customers know that we stand behind the best candles made.

Cons

Floorsets can be a terrible ordeal when the product is not available. You are held to comp numbers even when the right product is not available. Average dollar sales are always a factor and returns go against you even when they come from other stores and internet purchases.

Quit making threats and help with solutions. When customer traffic is down and the ADS is up it means everyone is doing their job even if it is not over LY numbers. An action plan should not be required.

194 Other Employee Reviews for Yankee Candle (View Most Recent)

I'd work here again.

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Yankee Candle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great customers, decent pay, love the fragrances. You have a lot of wiggle room as far as making customers happy.
    Lots of down time

Cons

Never have every thing to complete floorsets , also once you sell through you constantly have to improvise to fill tables.
    Lots of down time
    DM don't know anything about running a store, most don't know how to ring a sale.
    If your store closes you will most likely know before the higher ups think you should , which will tick you off even more.

Listen to your managers we do know our markets.

Decent company to work for

Former Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Yankee Candle part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get a pretty good discount (50% on all candles and 25% on other fragrancing items like reed defusers, car freshners, etc.) The customers are generally pleasant (at least more so than what some other retail stores have to deal with) and the work isn't difficult.

Cons

The salary starts out low and raises are few and far between. Also, the shifts can go by really slow when business is slow, which is about 8 months out of the year (excluding the holiday season which can get really busy).

Don't take wax so seriously.

There are newer employer reviews for Yankee Candle

Worked for Yankee Candle? Contribute to the Community!