Yankee Candle

www.yankeecandle.com

Your job depends on who you work for.

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsIf you have a good DM who is fair and knowledgeable about their job you will most likely succeed.
I enjoyed working for Yankee. Corporate people are the best I have dealt with. Most companies won't even return phone calls. Yankee cares about there people. BUT it does come from your supervisors as well. They are your link. If you don't have support you can't make it.

ConsLong hours, little to no breaks. Standing for long periods of time. Being a salaried person you must fill in when you are short on payroll. Pretty much the same as any other retailer.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the right people in the right places for your stores to succeed. Positive attitudes and attainable goals are a must! Constant learning environment is needed always. Districts need to meet more than just once a year.

Regionals and HR were terrible

District Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Yankee Candle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The product, brand name. Corporate was amazing Cons: Had a Regional that was terrible and HR was terrible Advice to Senior Management: Relook at executive management and HR Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A good experience with great people

Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Monroe, LA

I worked at Yankee Candle part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I got a lot of retail experience. I loved most of the people I worked with and I had an awesome discount. It taught me… Cons: Way too much emphasis on Average Dollar Sale. It didn't matter if you made your sales goal, if you didn't make your ADS goal you… Advice to Senior Management: Take the emphasis off ADS and put it on the sales goals. Who cares if you sale a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Yankee Candle.

Worked for Yankee Candle? Contribute to the Community!