There are newer employer reviews for Yankee Candle

Your job depends on who you work for.

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Yankee Candle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you have a good DM who is fair and knowledgeable about their job you will most likely succeed. I enjoyed working for Yankee. Corporate people are the best I have dealt with. Most companies won't even return phone calls. Yankee cares about there people. BUT it does come from your supervisors as well. They are your link. If you don't have support you can't make it.

Cons

Long hours, little to no breaks. Standing for long periods of time. Being a salaried person you must fill in when you are short on payroll. Pretty much the same as any other retailer.

Advice to Management

Get the right people in the right places for your stores to succeed. Positive attitudes and attainable goals are a must! Constant learning environment is needed always. Districts need to meet more than just once a year.

Other Employee Reviews for Yankee Candle

1. Great working experience!

Current Employee - First Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - First Assistant Manager

I have been working at Yankee Candle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team environment that always kept a positive out look on business and never pressure stores for results. Business was great always made bonuses, and also made all our K.P.I. Great business to work for.

Cons

Everyone I worked with had at least 5+ years with the company so it is hard to move up in the company with out relocating.

Advice to Management

Invest in the managers you have that have passion for the company. Books can be learn passion can not.

Not a company to work for if you want to have a healthy home life with your family.

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Yankee Candle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You come home smelling great at the end of each shift. Good employee discount.

Cons

Company does not value employees. Poor pay. Very poor schedule flexibility.

Advice to Management

Compensate your employees at the store level fairly. Do not require salaried employees to take their Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays two months ahead of time. Come up with a more generous bonus program during the 4th quarter, when salaried employees are working mandatory 55-60 hour weeks, and only getting paid for 40 hours. Also, monitor relationships between District Managers and Store Managers. There is way too much favoritism going on.