Not a great job, not a horrible one.

Former Employee - Hostess  in  Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Hostess in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Yard House

Pros

easy, not bad pay, once you learn the basics you can shut your brain off when you go to work (don't know if thats a "pro" or "con"), free dinner

Cons

training was minimal before they send you off to work, front desk does not get tipped out, be prepared to work full 8 hour shifts (often I would go into overtime), there is a hierarchy and hostesses are at the bottom, servers treat the hostesses pretty bad

Don't make your front desk staff feel like they are at the bottom of the totem pole. They are just as important as anyone else.

Other Reviews for Yard House

Not truthfull

Former Employee - Manager  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at Yard House

Pros

Fast pace, fun great food and music

Cons

Not truthful with employees. Training is ridiculous.

Training staff up and down the ladder needs a redue.

My experience at Yard House has many sides.

Current Employee - Front Desk  in  Hallandale Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Front Desk in Hallandale Beach, FL

I have been working at Yard House

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at Yard House is that the employees are really cool people and it's a reputable establishment.

Cons

The downsides of working at Yard House is that the managers don't really have compassion for your personal problems. They do not care about staffing properly at the Front Desk and do not treat it as priority which leads to the hostesses being worked like dogs for no tips and a very low (in comparison to others) hourly wage. They do not acknowledge hard work with appropriate raises and they think about what they consider, more important things. Morale is extremely low at the Yard House front desk.

Pay attention to your employees. If you think we are complaining too much, there's a reason for it so do something about it or everybody is eventually going to leave.

There are newer employer reviews for Yard House.

Worked for Yard House? Contribute to the Community!