Yardi Systems
www.yardi.com Santa Barbara, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Poor management and low salary

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Goleta, CA

ProsCool coworkers, you get to work with great new tehnologies, but thats it...

ConsPoor management and low salary. There is no clear line in management. In our weekly meetings, the VP is always engaged which I find strange considering we have managers who we directly report to. It only shows that upper management doesnt have full confidence and trust to the people below. Also, its always NOT attractive whenever your VP deals with employee related issues. A huge TURNOFF. Also, they have a poor way of resolving permanent fix, theyd rather patch it everytime than put a perm fix to a problem. The salary area, I think management is dreaming on this area. Maybe you guys need to look outside for the yearly salary surveys in IT. They dont really care about your life outside work. They will make you work as long as the clock is ticking. They will call you whatever time they want to even if you're not the on-call. My former co-worker always complain to me the VP keeps calling him to fix something at 6am on a weekend. Yes THE VP! What a dysfunctional management. The VP should be doing VP-ish tasks and not Team Lead-ish tasks LMAO! A clear trust issue right there. This company is 2 decades late in terms of having a work-life balance and compensation. If you're appying for a job at this company, go back and find work some place else you're just wasting your time as this is not a treasure and a golden opportunity. When I quit this company my salary increased by $15k and which is also above the market range relative to what they paid me way lower than the market rate. In short, I really made a mistake in working at this company and right now I couldnt be happier with my present work and couldnt be happier that I quit Yardi. One last say, this review of mine is not even long enough. I still have more things to say but I think you get the point that working at this company is just a waste of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is so attached to this company that they have no idea of whats happening in the outside world. You guys should care about your employees as they also have a life like you do. Trust me, your company is not that great in treating employees and life outside work. These guys have a knack to put work and work and work first above family. What a joke!

In order to survive in the business world competitively, walk (run) away from here

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Yardi Systems

Pros: OK pay, good benefits, smart and friendly peers, big and… Cons: I was hired in to Yardi coming from quite an extensive background in consulting, software engineering and project management. The team I was in was… Advice to Senior Management: Why should I? This is their job to seek out… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great

Database Administrator (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Yardi Systems

Pros: Small company at California Los Angeles Cons: Really expensive to live on SB CA Advice to Senior Management: Great job Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Yardi Systems.

Worked for Yardi Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yardi Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Yardi Systems CEO Anant Yardi. All reviews posted anonymously by Yardi Systems employees.