Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch

www.ybgr.org
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch

Great mission, great people, surprisingly unethical leadership and oblivious board of directors.

Former Employee - Assistant in Billings, MT
Former Employee - Assistant in Billings, MT

I worked at Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The mission, purpose, and vision of this nonprofit are absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, with Glenn McFarlane at the helm, the organization is lacking direction, professionalism, and ethics.

Cons

A culture of "the old boys network" mixed with ethical violations galore. Personally, as a professional, the unethical and unprofessional experiences displayed at this organization are to many to name.

Advice to Management

Advice to management includes replacing both the CEO and the board of directors 100%, ensure that all members are 100% unrelated to previous board members and founding members of this nonprofit. This will ensure an honest approach to providing for SED youth in the future.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Former Youth

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The image of the Ranch was very helpful in my years becoming an adult. There are a few individuals that when put their personal selves into their jobs, can accomplish much in our lives, for those of us out-of-state admits. I was blessed for the time I have had with the Ranch.

Cons

As of my departure, There was limited to no transitional program for us out of state admits. Medication managements and resources were non existing. As an older adult, one could tell this was more of a financial decision than anything. I would like to add to the sentiments of others that there appears to be a rift between management and the direct care workers. Even during my time here, I have seen this. I also used to question the ability and training of the direct care, thinking that they are not much older than I and should have more than book sense to deal with us troubled youth.

Advice to Management

Return to the values that made the organization successful. The dollar value may be a slow growth under the original model versus now, but should the dollar cost you your reputation and integrity?

2. Horrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Billings, MT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Billings, MT

I worked at Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The direct care staff work with at-risk youth & families that are in dire need of services.

Cons

Very hostile work environment. Top-heavy administration with little-to-no understanding of what direct care staff do.

Advice to Management

Clean house at the executive level and start over with real leadership. Hire leaders that actually "walk the walk" and aren't just idea men with no follow through.