Yelp
www.yelp.com San Francisco, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Immature work environment not very professional

San Francisco, CA

ProsFun because of all the youngsters
beer on tap and happy hours

ConsMany business owners do not like Yelp so it makes the job less enjoyable and Yelps best days are over from my personal standpoint

Low salary not worth it for this company and there is a reason why the more elite students from top tier schools are not working there. (princeton, harvard, etc)

managers are young kids 22-24 who have a lot of favoritism

if your not hitting metrics they tell you to work harder instead of understanding the problem

if you dont make 80 calls and 2+hours on the phone you are fired even when you are the top revenue earner in your class so you basically pitched and brought in revenue for the company and they dont care about it.

Company does not genuinely care about customers only making money for the business and get irritated when you dont close a deal or if customer has to think about it because they think you did something wrong because EVERY owner SHOULD WANT to do business with Yelp so they get shocked if someone says no.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the turnover low. If someone is a revenue earner cut them slack if they only made 70 calls in one day as opposed to 80 but brought in 15k of revenue.

I'm glad I started here but even happier that I got out

Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Yelp full-time for more than a year

Pros: You work with some great people, I moved for this job and pretty much all of my friends are here. Free… Cons: You also work with a lot of people who think they're still in HS or college. There are a ton of cliques. Don't get brainwashed… Advice to Senior Management: Territories matter and you know it. Award great reps but don't treat the ones who have been there for a while but are average like… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Account Executive

New York, NY

I worked at Yelp full-time for less than a year

Pros: Young, good-looking crowd. Fully stocked kitchen. Casual dress attire. Cons: They need to rename their title of "account executive" to "telemarketer." You aren't handling any accounts - all you do is call people nonstop all… Advice to Senior Management: Managers have no experience in sales so why are they our managers? Stop saying your territory doesn't matter - it does. And stop telling people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Yelp.

Worked for Yelp? Contribute to the Community!

Yelp – Why Work for Us?

Yelp (NYSE: YELP) connects people with great local businesses. Yelp was founded in San Francisco in July 2004. Since then, Yelp communities have taken root in major metros across the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, France… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yelp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Yelp CEO Jeremy Stoppelman. All reviews posted anonymously by Yelp employees.