Yelp

www.yelp.com
  www.yelp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Yelp

Be willing to learn, work hard, and you'll go far

Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Yelp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Fun and competitive environment
-TRANSPARENCY: This is the first thing they mentioned to us my first day. Coming from a job in retail with nothing but backstabbing, passive aggressive management, I was looking forward to having that upfront honesty!
- Your destiny is in your own hands. As long as you are willing to learn, put in the hard work and stay not necessarily positive, but hopeful, you will succeed.
- DRINK THE COOL-AID!!!!!! Seriously, most people would tell you not to with most jobs. But here's the thing. You are selling a product that is unlike any other and it works. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE in the office wants you to succeed. So when you go through training and you get feedback from your managers, LISTEN!!! They're not telling you pointless feedback just so they can talk. If you listen to what they say, and implement their input, you will succeed. It is very fulfilling to work for a company where everyone around you wants you to do well.
- Work hard, play hard. The benefits that come along with the job is unbeatable. Yes the job is stressful and hard. It's not that they provide these fun benefits to "mask" anything, but to make the job tolerable, rewarding and fun.

Cons

There's always going to be cons to any job. This job is stressful and it's not for everyone. At the end of the day, it's a sales job. But again, they are very transparent. They tell you upfront what to expect from the job such as making cold calls, 80+ dials a day etc. So you know what you are getting yourself into, but it's whether or not you do everything you can to make the most of it that will make the difference.

264 Other Employee Reviews for Yelp (View Most Recent)

Associate Account Executive

I worked at Yelp

Pros

Great people to work with. On going training. Great music over the PA. Stocked kitchen. Everyone is willing to help you succeed.

Cons

It's a sales job. Be ready to be on the phone all day.

I hated it.

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Yelp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None that I can think of. I'll come back.

Cons

People are miserable. Culture of young hipsters is enough to make you want to jump off a cliff.

Go work at Taco Bell.