Yelp

www.yelp.com

Awesome company, less awesome position

Junior Account Executive (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsThe company is amazing. They care about their people, give you tons of perks like great benefits and beer on tap and outings with your teams. They give you tons of support and help to improve your skills. I had a baby like four months into working their and they were very supportive with leave and benefits and even sent me an amazing gift basket.

ConsThe position completely underutilizes my education, intelligence, and skills. The job is cold calling and selling online advertising, which is really repetitive and doesn't require too much thought. And the base pay isn't impressive to start with until you get a raise to Account Executive/Senior Account Executive.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more than one product (I know you're working on this sort of) to challenge your sales people to sell the best product and consult with the business more.

Be willing to learn, work hard, and you'll go far

Account Executive (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Yelp full-time for less than a year

Pros: - Fun and competitive environment -TRANSPARENCY: This is the first thing they mentioned to us my first day. Coming from a job in retail with nothing… Cons: There's always going to be cons to any job. This job is stressful and it's not for everyone. At the end of the day, it's… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Associate Account Executive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Yelp

Pros: Great people to work with. On going training. Great music… Cons: It's a sales job. Be ready to be on the… More

There are newer reviews on Yelp.

Worked for Yelp? Contribute to the Community!