There are newer employer reviews for Yelp

Awesome company, less awesome position

Current Employee - Junior Account Executive  in  Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Junior Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Yelp full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is amazing. They care about their people, give you tons of perks like great benefits and beer on tap and outings with your teams. They give you tons of support and help to improve your skills. I had a baby like four months into working their and they were very supportive with leave and benefits and even sent me an amazing gift basket.

Cons

The position completely underutilizes my education, intelligence, and skills. The job is cold calling and selling online advertising, which is really repetitive and doesn't require too much thought. And the base pay isn't impressive to start with until you get a raise to Account Executive/Senior Account Executive.

Offer more than one product (I know you're working on this sort of) to challenge your sales people to sell the best product and consult with the business more.

225 Other Employee Reviews for Yelp (View Most Recent)

Be willing to learn, work hard, and you'll go far

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Yelp full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Fun and competitive environment
    -TRANSPARENCY: This is the first thing they mentioned to us my first day. Coming from a job in retail with nothing but backstabbing, passive aggressive management, I was looking forward to having that upfront honesty!
    - Your destiny is in your own hands. As long as you are willing to learn, put in the hard work and stay not necessarily positive, but hopeful, you will succeed.
    - DRINK THE COOL-AID!!!!!! Seriously, most people would tell you not to with most jobs. But here's the thing. You are selling a product that is unlike any other and it works. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE in the office wants you to succeed. So when you go through training and you get feedback from your managers, LISTEN!!! They're not telling you pointless feedback just so they can talk. If you listen to what they say, and implement their input, you will succeed. It is very fulfilling to work for a company where everyone around you wants you to do well.
    - Work hard, play hard. The benefits that come along with the job is unbeatable. Yes the job is stressful and hard. It's not that they provide these fun benefits to "mask" anything, but to make the job tolerable, rewarding and fun.

Cons

There's always going to be cons to any job. This job is stressful and it's not for everyone. At the end of the day, it's a sales job. But again, they are very transparent. They tell you upfront what to expect from the job such as making cold calls, 80+ dials a day etc. So you know what you are getting yourself into, but it's whether or not you do everything you can to make the most of it that will make the difference.

Associate Account Executive

I worked at Yelp

Pros

Great people to work with. On going training. Great music over the PA. Stocked kitchen. Everyone is willing to help you succeed.

Cons

It's a sales job. Be ready to be on the phone all day.

There are newer employer reviews for Yelp

Worked for Yelp? Contribute to the Community!