Work hard play hard

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Yelp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Opportunity to make a lot of money after first 6-12 months -Great training program for new hires, and consistent training classes for reps at all levels -Upper management works hand on with reps and are readily available for questioning/mentoring -Fun, young company culture -Opportunity to move up in the company with in the first 1-2 years -Great company culture and values

Cons

-Territory's are given at random, and can determine a reps success to some degree -Making 60-80 phone calls a day can become mentally frustrating and stressful -No opportunity to earn commission for first 4-6 months on job -If you don't want to sell/work your ass off this job is not for you

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Awesome company, less awesome position

Current Employee - Junior Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Junior Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Yelp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is amazing. They care about their people, give you tons of perks like great benefits and beer on tap and outings with your teams. They give you tons of support and help to improve your skills. I had a baby like four months into working their and they were very supportive with leave and benefits and even sent me an amazing gift basket.

Cons

The position completely underutilizes my education, intelligence, and skills. The job is cold calling and selling online advertising, which is really repetitive and doesn't require too much thought. And the base pay isn't impressive to start with until you get a raise to Account Executive/Senior Account Executive.

Advice to Management

Offer more than one product (I know you're working on this sort of) to challenge your sales people to sell the best product and consult with the business more.

Associate Account Executive

I worked at Yelp

Pros

Great people to work with. On going training. Great music over the PA. Stocked kitchen. Everyone is willing to help you succeed.

Cons

It's a sales job. Be ready to be on the phone all day.