Yelp

There are newer employer reviews for Yelp

Great work environment

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Yelp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work environment, fully stocked kitchen, experienced gained is unparalleled, unlimited room for growth, amazing sense of community, great stock options, great location, no micro managing, amazing culture and sense of belonging to something huge

Cons

Cold calling isn't fun and territories matter

Higher base pay

307 Other Employee Reviews for Yelp (View Most Recent)

You will be very busy...

Former Employee - Community Manager
    Former Employee - Community Manager

I worked at Yelp part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company culture is amazing!! Such a supportive group of people and you will have the opportunity to travel to HQ more than once. Fantastic benefits and a great job for someone right out of college.

Cons

Be prepared to work hard with long hours. You must be incredibly organized and be able to juggle a ton. It's worth it, but you must be a worker bee.

DO NOT Use Yelp on Your Resume

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Yelp full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free food. I guess it's the least they can do for the minimum wage salaries.

Cons

From the very first day I started I kept my resume posted online and actively networked with recruiters for any opportunities that came alone. Every single one of them told me to remove every reference to Yelp from my resume. Every recruiter had been told by the HR teams they worked with to never forward any resume from anyone who had ever worked for Yelp because of their lack or real business experience, lack of professionalism, and lack of legitimate skills.

Yelp only hires people with very limited or no experience so they have nothing to compare it to. The company has an extremely bad reputation with businesses both big and small. You will not make your goals. It's a mill that just uses people for sub par wages. It eats them up and spits them out. Ask yourself why they have such massive and perpetual turnover and that says it all. It's just a bad company. The people that think it's great are clueless hipsters who are so blindly ignorant that they cannot see for themselves they are working for a failed company. The incompetent are promoted. if you're over 25, your manager will be younger than you. Extremely unprofessional work environment and absolutely ridiculous management.

Do not bother.

Go back to a real business school and learn some skills.

There are newer employer reviews for Yelp