Great Leanring Experiance

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Yelp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Yelp is more and more prominent every single day. You the opportunity of learning sales from an incredible training staff. There expansion opportunity is exciting and could be a huge worldwide player with as many markets as they are opening in.

Cons

Cold Calling Territories limited career movement

Advice to Management

Keep the culture through expansion

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Revolving Door- Rapid Turnover and Relentless Sales Tactics

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Yelp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome perks- apple computers, brand new everything, bright office, free food, drinks, pandora music playing, cheerful, innovative, fast-paced, best technology, very forward thinking company. Smart people to work with- everyone is young, smart and talented. Learned a lot about an Internet company.

Cons

Wasn't given a chance and then I was abruptly let go without being able to prove myself. Was given a crappy sales territory, had very high expectations for the territory that I don't think anyone could meet, boss wanted me to do unethical things in order to get sales, soo much pressure. I was working 12 hour days doing sales on the phones, and I was still let go. Kind of hate this company.

Advice to Management

Slow down- just because you're working fast, doesn't mean it's effective. It's very costly to hire people and have fast turnover. Cool your egos- too many egos running rampant in the company.

Absolute DISGUSTINGLY LOW Salaries!! But great for entry-level people

Former Employee - Revenue Accountant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Revenue Accountant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Yelp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

--VERY young work people working at Yelp, so it's great for the younger generation of people --healthy free foods available in the kitchen for everyone (cereal, carrots, milk, bagels etc..) --they subsidize your gym membership --nothing else

Cons

**WARNING: I ONLY RECOMMEND working at YELP for people who don't have other job offers or they need an immediate paycheck OR they want to explore a new career opportunity OR if money isn't that important. ===== --the ABOVE PROS don't outweigh the CONS!! --DISGUSTINGLY LOW salaries, they have some of the LOWEST salaries in the market! --after being there for a while, i noticed they don't have very competent people --most employees are entry-level, incompetent or new to their job role... --very small table space for each employee, no cubicles and no table partitions --very tough to move up in the company --very HIGH turnover --very disorganized --certain people are very unprofessional

Advice to Management

--INCREASE your employees' salaries!! --How do you expect your employees to survive on such LOW salaries??