Yelp

www.yelp.com

Overall, a great entry level sales job if you fit the mold

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsIts possible to make $70K+ right out of college if you pick up the job quickly (uncommon but doable). Most reps will make around $40K their first year, but top reps will easily clear six figures. Great overall benefits, free food, drinks, beer, and lots of offsite events. The company is growing very fast and going in the right direction. Stock options grant if your lucky enough to get some (I hear they have decreased the grant substantially since I started). Overall a fun, easy job if you can thrive in a sales environment, if not you will likely be stressed out!

ConsNot a very professional environment. Tenure is more important to upper management than talent. If you get stuck with a bad territory you're chances of being a top producer are almost zero. High turnover rate. No 401K matching from the employer.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people based on talent and ability to get the job done best, not tenure or who drinks the kool aid the most. Plenty of superior candidates get passed up every hiring round for inferior (but more "Yelpy" and/or tenured) candidates. Adjust quotas based on territories.

great

I have been working at Yelp full-time

Pros: great culture, incredible training program, awesome to be working at… Cons: cold calling, high stress, if you don't have an incredibly positive outlook and/or… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Absolute DISGUSTINGLY LOW Salaries!! But great for entry-level people

Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Yelp full-time for more than a year

Pros: --VERY young work people working at Yelp, so it's great for the younger generation of people --healthy free… Cons: **WARNING: I ONLY RECOMMEND working at YELP for people who don't have other job offers or they need an immediate paycheck OR they want… Advice to Senior Management: --INCREASE your employees' salaries!! --How do you expect your employees to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Yelp.

Worked for Yelp? Contribute to the Community!