There are newer employer reviews for Yelp

Sales @ Yelp.

Current Employee - SAE  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - SAE in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Yelp full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growth, the company is growing as faster or faster than anyone in a region full opportunity. Fantastic colleagues and leadership on a personal and professional level. Huge upside to climb the food chain if you work hard and perform.

Cons

Know what you're getting into, entry level inside sales is cold calling. People either love or hate Yelp. Small business owners aren't always the most savvy advertising minds, they hate the review someone left them, in turn probably don't like you off the bat. You need to have patients, thick skin and be coachable.

Continue to restructure the comp plan as the company grows.

220 Other Employee Reviews for Yelp (View Most Recent)

Low Pay

I have been working at Yelp

Pros

Happy hours, great location, gym stipend

Cons

Not sure how you'd live in the city with this pay

It's a Call Center!!!!

Former Employee - Junior Account Executive  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Junior Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Yelp full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only pros about this place is the free bad food they supply for lunch and the music that you get to pick when you close a deal.

Cons

All young people who are brain wash to believe their are "Account Managers" when in reality they are telemarketers. You have to call 90something businesses throughout a day, pitch a certain amount, close at least a deal, etc. It was horrible. I was an Account manager prior to working here for a well known media company. I was under the impression I was going to be doing the SAME EXACT THING but just at Yelp with more opportunity. I came in on the first day to a "class" of about 50 kids under 25 years old, fresh out of college. Some were even given incentives to relocate. Since I quit, only about 5 of those kids are still currently employed by Yelp. All the others either gave up or were fired.

The benefits are good, zero career opportunity, absolutely NO work/life balance (I was calling into another time zone.. I had to stay late almost every night!) and the only culture 7 values of yelp is being a hipster. Worst place ever.

There is no management here, thats the problem

There are newer employer reviews for Yelp

Worked for Yelp? Contribute to the Community!