There are newer employer reviews for Yesmail

My experience reflects a lot of the reviews posted about Infogroup, the company that has owned Yesmail for several years

Former Employee - Client Services in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Client Services in Portland, OR

I worked at Yesmail

Pros

You COULD end up with a nice boss and team. You will have the opportunity watch first hand how to not run a company.

Cons

You will most likely not grow here. if you go to YM go because you absolutely need the job, do not give up a mediocre job to come here. Most teams are in silos. Leadership will fight change/automation since none of them are technical. None of the upper level managers live in the same city as the company HQ. My guess is the next year or two will be spent trying to get Yesmail to a point where the new management can sell it, or if they can show some revenue growth they will IPO.
In the end I actually decided that too many of the leaders above me were simply BAD people(not bad managers, but bad human beings) so I left.

My advice would be to show up at the Yesmail headquarters, introduce yourself and start learning the names and faces of people on teams that report to you. Also, changing the company name 5 times in 2 years doesn't actually do anything except let your clients and employees know you have no clue what you're doing. Quit focusing on taking away employee garbage cans and start focusing on quality dev.

32 Other Employee Reviews for Yesmail (View Most Recent)

Currently weird, but probably better than it used to be

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Yesmail

Pros

The people are great, the work/life balance is excellent, and I've learned a lot in my time here. I've been exposed to a fair number of technologies that I'd never worked with before.

Cons

Let's face it, no one is excited about e-mail marketing (AKA spam). You'll also find yourself supporting lots of crappy legacy code. And developers have to work two-week support rotations where you're on call 24/7 (although thankfully, off-hours calls are fairly rare).

Management could very easily improve morale by making pay and benefits more competitive.

Yesmail Great Place to Work, Infogroup not so much

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Yesmail

Pros

Yesmail is an innovated company, really trying to push their products and employees to the next level. Everyone is very competent and great to work with.

Cons

The sister companies under Infogroup, that Yesmail works with are, are bloated with inefficiencies. These teams need to be modified to match the pace the online marketing space demands.

Keep doing what you're doing. Yesmail is a great place to work for and moving in a great direction. Hopefully the sister companies won't bring this burgeoning company down.

There are newer employer reviews for Yesmail