Yodle

www.yodle.com
  www.yodle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Yodle

Fun atmosphere and overall great place to work!

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Yodle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great culture, free lunch, happy hour in the office and a supportive, creative environment. This place is what you make of it - if you see an opportunity for growth or improvement then seize the opportunity!

Cons

Constructive feedback not always valued by all.

202 Other Employee Reviews for Yodle (View Most Recent)

Current Employee

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Yodle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Best place to work ever! Best earning potential and blowout perks for doing well! The culture is perfect and the senior management is top notch. You look forward to going to work!

Cons

Some technical glitches that should be easy fixes. Seen a few talented sales reps drop which can be attributed to attitude and rotation systems.

Be more open to suggestions.

Started out quality, ended up quanity

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Yodle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at Yodle for 3 years and have survived numerous manager and commission plan changes and still ended up making a bunch of money. If you can make money at yodle you'll be able to make money in almost any other sales job. Good training, typically you like the people you work with. I've seen people of all ages and varying experience levels make good money. For the most part, they've put a lot of work into their sales scripts to help make them more and more effective and this is extremely useful for new hires. I was also very pleased with the benefits they offered

Lighthouse--it's a good product that came from good people that Yodle acquired earlier this year. It's mostly SaaS, and once it's fully integrated it could mean a whole new kind of Yodle. (one without bad reviews!)

Cons

Quality to Quantity. How can we make more Profit? How can we make our sales reps work even harder using antiquated excel sheets filled with wrong information.

Most importantly, you don't have time to enjoy any of the money you make. Lets say you've worked your butt off and made a particularly large paycheck one month and decide to take 2 weeks off the next month. Well, first your vacation pay is based on your 20k base, no commission factored in whatsoever so you're making $9 an hour while your out. Second, only the top 25 in the company get SDR demos... after your two weeks off, it's extremely difficult to make it to the top 25 so if you were getting SDRs, you lose them. Next, you get paid out in different tiers--the top tier requires you to be in the top 20% of the company. If you take 2 weeks off and were at the highest payout tier its going to be very hard to get back there when you've lost half the month already.

It's the race to get sold or go public at this point--create your own unique revenue modifier to inflate the value of the company, spur massive sales growth with very little additional product support, and open up an "office" in St. Lucia to evade taxes.

What happened to transparency and accountability with upper management? What happened to managers EARNING their spots in contests based on their team's performance and not "im a manager I get to go!"

There are newer employer reviews for Yodle