There are newer employer reviews for Yodle

A fast pace high transactional environment

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Yodle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you have very little to no experience sales experience, this is a great way to introduce yourself to the world of sales.

Cons

Managers are more concerned with closing deals than developing their sales force. There is very little focus on development and training. Upper management is constantly trying to streamline the sales process, with the idea "work harder, not smarter." All the growth is in St. Lucia.

As the company continues to grow, it has out grown its culture and there is very little value to the employee as there is to the dollar. Treat your employees like they are people and not machines and you might be able to hold on to more employees.

reviews filtered by

Was great at first, but CEO and founders just want to sell the company or go public and then get out.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Yodle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It was a good place to start working in sales when I started. It allowed me to learn, but that was before they rolled out scripting and forced you to hard close everyone.

Cons

Hard closing. No care for employee or customer. you're just a number that's going to help them go public or get bought. high turn over. horrible customer and employee service. They really don't care about their employees or their customers.

Quit or rewind to 3 years ago and try again.

2. Empty promises

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Yodle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good money can be made. Commission payout if fairly high when you make a sale. They give you free lunch, crapy, but free non the less. Friday happy hour, again with the cheap beer and box wine, but free.

Cons

They tell you to "challenge authority" yet when you do, you get in trouble. Not, a place where you can be creative and grow or help grow. This is a place where you go in and do what you're told and clock out. Not for me, but some people seem to love it, or they're just kissing a lot of butt.

Boost up the salary, you're making a lot of money of your working bees, If you did just that. The turnover would not be as high as it is(extremely high). having such a low salary puts a lot of pressure on the employees and its hard to hit your numbers under pressure than it is when you feel like you're succeeding. I quit because I felt like I had way more to give and didn't have the freedom to grow. Too creative to be boxed.

There are newer employer reviews for Yodle