There are newer employer reviews for York Hospital

Small city hospital with moderate room for growth

Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in York, PA
Current Employee - Nursing Assistant in York, PA

Pros

To get your foot in the door in a hospital if you are pursuing a medical career. Better to get a minimum wage job helping people opposed to working at a job that your not giving to the community.

Cons

Low pay. Non flexible scheduling. Compared to other hospitals, each floor that i worked did not display alot of team work that is a necessity when working in health care.

Advice to Management

Focus more on who you place in management positions. Cutting bonuses and pay to staff really effects worth performance

Other Employee Reviews for York Hospital

1. fine for now

Current Employee - Med Assist in Gettysburg, PA
    Current Employee - Med Assist in Gettysburg, PA

Pros

convenience,love what I do, Love docs I work with, and I know the patients. The medical field is my first choice for a job and I have that, I am lucky in that aspect

Cons

Favoritism. I am looking for equal opportunity, no drama amongst employees and the bosses as well as no boss should think they are better than anyone else. we are all a team!

Advice to Management

employees should be asked to give a review of all the off site management people in the offices before their review each year.

I work here only because of the location, otherwise I would not recommend it.

Current Employee - Nurse in York, ME
    Current Employee - Nurse in York, ME

Pros

It is within close proximity to my home, so that makes it convenient. They let their employees eat and drink as much food in the units as they want.

Cons

It is very cliquey and I do not feel that the nursing practice keeps up with best practice for patient care. If the group you work with does not like you, then you are doomed. I have managed to try to keep my distance from the clique in my unit and I have been OK. But I have seen other nice and competent workers come and go because false statements were made. There are a few nurses who have actually fabricated complaints about others. It does not seem to be addressed here.

Advice to Management

I wish there was something that could be done to reduce the cliqueness here. My coworkers have not been welcoming to new employees.