York Hospital
www.wellspan.org York, PA 5000+ Employees

I work here only because of the location, otherwise I would not recommend it.

Nurse (Current Employee)
York, ME

I have been working at York Hospital

ProsIt is within close proximity to my home, so that makes it convenient. They let their employees eat and drink as much food in the units as they want.

ConsIt is very cliquey and I do not feel that the nursing practice keeps up with best practice for patient care. If the group you work with does not like you, then you are doomed. I have managed to try to keep my distance from the clique in my unit and I have been OK. But I have seen other nice and competent workers come and go because false statements were made. There are a few nurses who have actually fabricated complaints about others. It does not seem to be addressed here.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish there was something that could be done to reduce the cliqueness here. My coworkers have not been welcoming to new employees.

a

Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee)
York, PA

I have been working at York Hospital

Pros: Flexible hours, very good benefits. Cons: Very busy, not enough staff during busy times. Advice to Senior Management: I enjoy working at this institution. No other feedback… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Dead end place to work.

I have been working at York Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: you are guaranteed to lose some type of compensation or… Cons: Little to no raises and always cutting back. Poor management expanded too much… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on York Hospital.

Worked for York Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at York Hospital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for York Hospital CEO Richard L. Seim. All reviews posted anonymously by York Hospital employees.