There are newer employer reviews for York Risk Services Group

High-growth company that offers a friendly culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I worked at York Risk Services Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great environment for people who enjoy change and fast corporate expansion
- Variety and plenty of work to do
- OK pay, benefits and annual bonuses
- Some opportunities to transfer to other offices across the country, depending on the position

Cons

- If you are in one of their many small offices, it is easy to get stuck with no growth
- Some departments do not communicate well with other departments and have a draconian mentality
- Change is not always good for employees
- Whiel the culture is overall friendly, it can vary between offices due to mergers with different agendas

Ensure all departments are working toward the same goals and improve interdepartment communication. Consolidate power to ensure small offices are all working toward corporate objects and not doing their own thing.

reviews filtered by

Forte Managed Health Care Plan: Case Management of Workers Compensation claims

Current Employee - RN, CCM Team Lead/Supervisor in Charleston, WV
    Current Employee - RN, CCM Team Lead/Supervisor in Charleston, WV

I have been working at York Risk Services Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work hours are flexible, and the salary is competitive

Cons

Case load at this time a little high, in the process of hiring additional case managers

2. Nice people

I have been working at York Risk Services Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of awesome people here. Many of the old time claims adjusters don't seem too happy. If you don't have a job where you have to listen to folks trying to maximize the amount of money they can get out of you, the people are interesting and there is no shortage of things to do. I started out with kind of a stick in the mud manager, who never heard an idea worth acting on. After I transferred to another group the difference was night and day. I've gotten to work with folks from all over the company and the country and for the first time ever I feel like I have a career and not a job.

- growing like a weed
    - lots of hard working people who are willing to pitch in
    - there are a lot of people trying to make a difference
    - I met my fiance here!!!

Cons

- about half the people are claims adjusters, which is a difficult and not always happy job. It shows.
    - They are always trying to "improve" things. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Spruce up some of the offices. It goes a long way.

There are newer employer reviews for York Risk Services Group