There are newer employer reviews for York University

Nice but a big campus...

Current Employee - Law Student  in  North York, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Law Student in North York, ON (Canada)

I have been working at York University full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Beautiful campus, secluded and peaceful

Cons

Every building is far apart by large so will likely have to travel all over. Kinda secluded, have to take a bus and a subway to get to the Yorkdale mall or downtown and transit system shuts down a 2 so if you're having too much fun at a bar downtown and forget the time-limit.... good luck coming back unless you pay the taxi man like $60

Ask students how the campus can be improved, i.e. add pool tables in the common areas, and then actually follow thru.

83 Other Employee Reviews for York University (View Most Recent)

Decent

Current Employee - Research Assistant  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Research Assistant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at York University part-time for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoy working at York University. The flexible schedule makes it convenient for you to work at your own hours; great supervisor and co-workers to push you to be better and inspire ideas; you can break down your hours between studying and working all on the same campus decreasing the need to spend extra hours on commuting.

Cons

York University has extremely expensive and inconvenient parking, especially now with the building of the subway the entire campus is in construction, and parking lot spots are prioritized to visitors of events taking place at York University such as the Rogers cup.

Please Prioritize parking for employees!! That would be great! Thanks!

It is ok but I hope it would be better.

Current Employee - Research Assistant  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Research Assistant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at York University part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Most people I have worked with or contacted with are very friendly and helpful. Most faulty members in my department are open minded.

Cons

I don't like the bureaucracy. For example, I have to apply TA for the same course every year. It is just paper work, as there is no competition.

There are newer employer reviews for York University

Worked for York University? Contribute to the Community!