York University
www.yorku.ca Toronto, Canada 5000+ Employees

Great work for students

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
North York, ON (Canada)

I worked at York University for more than 5 years

ProsHours are usually compatible with study, and the unions ensure that we're not overworked. The pay is reasonable for the work, and most of the people I worked with were very friendly.

ConsFull time faculty seems stretched thin at times, and often one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Red tape can often slow things down considerably or make otherwise simple tasks impossible.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe school is huge and still growing- it's important that there be enough faculty to handle this.

Somewhat positive

Instructor (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at York University part-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Excellent benefits (medical, dental and vision care) Cons: Students have very low aptitude, which can be discouraging Advice to Senior Management: Increase admission requirements Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Residence Life Staff - great way to do part-time work while in school!

I have been working at York University part-time

Pros: -Convenient location - living on campus and working there means no commute -Approachable upper management - managers and supervisors are… Cons: -No real cons, is a really great job overall Advice to Senior Management: -Some of the activities proposed to do with residents are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on York University.

Worked for York University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at York University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for York University CEO Mamdouh Shoukri. All reviews posted anonymously by York University employees.