There are newer employer reviews for YouFit

Easy job but mobility slow

Current Employee - Front Desk  in  Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Front Desk in Tampa, FL

I have been working at YouFit part-time for more than a year

Pros

Gives you a good idea on the psychology of gym members outside of your own opinions. Basic job duties are easy and not too demanding. Is a good starter for a sales position that isn't stressful. Gives great costumer service.

Cons

Is a corporation that uses scrips that can be sometimes robotic and not applicable to the potential members. Its main staffing (front desk) is best for students or people who don't want full time employment. Give options to phase up but even if employee's meet requirements aren't always given it.

Be more upfront with what you want to keep employee's interested in job because incentives no longer work after several months of employment

12 Other Employee Reviews for YouFit (View Most Recent)

Front Desk

Current Employee - Front Desk
    Current Employee - Front Desk

I have been working at YouFit part-time for less than a year

Pros

get free membership, work in a clean eco- friendly environment, not much work

Cons

the company is very anal. must say phone script every time you answer the phone, which corporate and managers listen to calls to verify and even score the calls.
    must say script while giving tours and sometimes managers tag along to make sure or corporate send secret shoppers.

more flexibility if you dont trust staff to have the knowledge and ability to sell dont hire them

It's ok, company wants to grow but doesn't want to share the wealth.

I have been working at YouFit part-time

Pros

Its a fun environment, hours are not bad, management really does pitch in, you're surrounded with great co workers.

Cons

It's hard to deal with customers that are just told there is a standard price when the actual fee's are overwhelming. The pay is too low for getting yelled at everyday, they took away our commissions untill we reach a goal which basically is so far it's like not having an incentive to sell. We have to stand for hours, if we could sit our moral would be higher to deal with people who can't understand there was a mistake on their part.

Please give us better pay, let us sit down one in a while, most of the staff wants to grow with the company but only a handful really aren't lazy enough to actually do their work.

There are newer employer reviews for YouFit

Worked for YouFit? Contribute to the Community!