Young's Market

www.youngsmarket.com
  www.youngsmarket.com
There are newer employer reviews for Young's Market

Being one of the biggest in the business hardly makes you one of the best...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Young's Market full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent training, great people, and outstanding work/life balance. I loved working here for the initial five years, but after realizing it's a "good old boys" club...it's total doom and gloom from there regarding your career path.

Cons

Lowest paid in the industry, I believe. Micromanagement on completely immaterial issues. Focus on what's important: the selling and building of these brands. Use coach management mentality instead of trying to rule with an iron fist for no real reason other than to boost your own ego.

You never reward your loyal soldiers. Invest in your workforce who want to BE there and maybe everyone wouldn't try to jump ship to someone else.

39 Other Employee Reviews for Young's Market (View Most Recent)

If you appreciate the lifestyle of drinking, eating and having great relationships you'll love this job

Current Employee - Craft Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Craft Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Young's Market full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

So many times a day I feel like I'm not even working. The industry is very heavy on relationships so if you love people and they love you you'll find yourself wondering how you found a job where they paid you to be you.

Cons

You'll never stop thinking about work. Also I think there are some very unreal expecations that brands have once they get with a company like ours. With so many amazing brands out there it's becoming more and more important for brands to represent themselves and tell their special story. A distributor of our size offers wonderful economies of scales with help in the sales, marketing, PR and events area.

Focus on the important things for the company as we can't make all the brands happy and if you do you'll never get to that point where it's enough.

Initially rewarding then company values drstically changed

Former Employee - Key Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Key Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Young's Market full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The work itself, sales, was great and a good leg up on the industry, wine and spirits.

Cons

Managment turned on their best asset, the employees

Pay attention to what's happening around you

There are newer employer reviews for Young's Market