Young's Market

www.youngsmarket.com

Being one of the biggest in the business hardly makes you one of the best...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsExcellent training, great people, and outstanding work/life balance. I loved working here for the initial five years, but after realizing it's a "good old boys" club...it's total doom and gloom from there regarding your career path.

ConsLowest paid in the industry, I believe. Micromanagement on completely immaterial issues. Focus on what's important: the selling and building of these brands. Use coach management mentality instead of trying to rule with an iron fist for no real reason other than to boost your own ego.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou never reward your loyal soldiers. Invest in your workforce who want to BE there and maybe everyone wouldn't try to jump ship to someone else.

Initially rewarding then company values drstically changed

Key Account Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Young's Market full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The work itself, sales, was great and a good leg… Cons: Managment turned on their best asset, the employees Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to what's happening around you No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

If you appreciate the lifestyle of drinking, eating and having great relationships you'll love this job

Craft Specialist (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Young's Market full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: So many times a day I feel like I'm not even working. The industry is very heavy on relationships so if… Cons: You'll never stop thinking about work. Also I think there are some very unreal expecations that brands have once they get with a company… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on the important things for the company as we can't make all the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Young's Market.

Worked for Young's Market? Contribute to the Community!