Youth Villages
www.youthvillages.org Memphis, TN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Horribly Pleasant...............

Residential Teacher Counselor (Current Employee)
Memphis, TN

ProsHaving interaction and creative freedom with the youth. The supporting staff was pleasant and good to work with. Co-workers were helpful and knowledgeable.

ConsLow salary, crazy hours, youth are always defended even when they are wrong, not a career minded company, and you have no life outside of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend the money to keep good workers for an extended period of time. Punish the youth for their wrong doings. Develop a better system transporting the youth to appointments, training during the shift you work and have a direct 40 hour week and not crazy hours.

Already burnt out

Teacher Counselor (Current Employee)
    Portland, OR

I have been working at Youth Villages full-time for less than a year

Pros: Your co-workers are great. That's about it. Cons: I am still pretty new to this company, but I have only had one day off since I started working. They say they give… Advice to Senior Management: Follow your motto. "DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU DO!!" No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Poorly managed!

Residential (Current Employee)
    Linden, TN

I have been working at Youth Villages full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Benifits are not bad, but managment does a poor job… Cons: We need leadership and someone to step up and quit trying to… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to your retention rates.... when people are leaving… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Youth Villages.

Worked for Youth Villages? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Youth Villages reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Youth Villages CEO Patrick Lawler. All reviews posted anonymously by Youth Villages employees.