Youth Villages
www.youthvillages.org Memphis, TN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good experience, long hours

Bilingual Family Intervention Specialist (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN

ProsGreat employee training, good experience if you are looking to advance in the social services field, a lot of room for advancement within the company. They promote from within and offer tuition reimbursement. A lot of opportunity to see a variety of social services settings. Very results driven. Incredible employee benefits. It's a good job if you go in knowing what to expect.

ConsLow starting pay, although that is almost all social work jobs. You will work long hours if you are involved with direct care, to the point that it sometimes feels like you are neglecting your own family to help someone else's. Leadership doesn't always listen to field staff who are directly working with the kids and seems somewhat disconnected from front line staff. Sometimes seems like they either hold onto cases too long or discharge too early from care because they are overly concerned with the census numbers (but that goes back to the disconnected leadership).

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to front line staff and ask for feedback.

It was like being in an abusive relationship - you just need to get out before it kills you....

Family Intervention Specialist (Current Employee)
    Woburn, MA

I have been working at Youth Villages full-time for more than a year

Pros: The families I worked with. DCF relationships that followed me out… Cons: Management Working 14 days straight during on-call without any break… Advice to Senior Management: Clean house & start over with upper management & you might have a chance - right now… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

For truly passionate mental health professionals

Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Youth Villages full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: -advancement -flexibility with hours -paid time off -reimbursement for licensure supervision -reimbursement for education -good… Cons: -mileage reimbursement rate could be hire Advice to Senior Management: Continue to grow and build programs for career advancement and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Youth Villages.

Worked for Youth Villages? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Youth Villages reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Youth Villages CEO Patrick Lawler. All reviews posted anonymously by Youth Villages employees.