Youth Villages
www.youthvillages.org Memphis, TN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Money money MONEY!

I have been working at Youth Villages full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIf you are fresh out of college and need a job, you can get one.
You can work from home. The kids are great.

ConsI have no idea how the In-Home staff survives. They are worked to death, they. For most at YV your life doesn't matter. Time off is available however, you work twice as hard leading up to and after you have time off. Paperwork is a nightmare,computers are archaic, no WI-FI in the office, $25 cell phone reimbursement and they want you to have your email available so a smart phone is pretty much required any idea where I can find a plan? Dress code is a joke.If you expect me to dress nicer,pay me more. Each year you are asked to give up to 3% of your salary to the company, you get a 2% raise,obviously social workers aren't good at math.
 o

Advice to Senior ManagementQuestion authority, I know that you've had 3 jobs, one as a YV Intern, another as a YV counselor and the one you have now and that turning 30 is hard, but really, the world is not a Red Kite being flown by a Dick Clark clone. Get out more, oh yeah, you work for YV, you work 24/7.

Horrible place to do rewarding work

Regional Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Youth Villages full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They promote within and usually it's very quickly. Cons: The promoting within in is nice up to a point. The issue is Everyone at YV is promoted from within. This means Nothing changes on… Advice to Senior Management: Quit hiring from within after regional supervisor position unless your 100% they are they right person who is hired by… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to make a difference for children and families

Memphis, TN

I have been working at Youth Villages full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Very supportive co-workers. Team approach. Committed to using the most effective approaches to helping children and… Cons: It's hard work helping really challenging kids and families. The jobs aren't… Advice to Senior Management: Share more info with staff. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Youth Villages.

Worked for Youth Villages? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Youth Villages reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Youth Villages CEO Patrick Lawler. All reviews posted anonymously by Youth Villages employees.