Youth Villages

www.youthvillages.org
  www.youthvillages.org
There are newer employer reviews for Youth Villages

Money money MONEY!

I have been working at Youth Villages full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you are fresh out of college and need a job, you can get one.
You can work from home. The kids are great.

Cons

I have no idea how the In-Home staff survives. They are worked to death, they. For most at YV your life doesn't matter. Time off is available however, you work twice as hard leading up to and after you have time off. Paperwork is a nightmare,computers are archaic, no WI-FI in the office, $25 cell phone reimbursement and they want you to have your email available so a smart phone is pretty much required any idea where I can find a plan? Dress code is a joke.If you expect me to dress nicer,pay me more. Each year you are asked to give up to 3% of your salary to the company, you get a 2% raise,obviously social workers aren't good at math.
 o

Question authority, I know that you've had 3 jobs, one as a YV Intern, another as a YV counselor and the one you have now and that turning 30 is hard, but really, the world is not a Red Kite being flown by a Dick Clark clone. Get out more, oh yeah, you work for YV, you work 24/7.

144 Other Employee Reviews for Youth Villages (View Most Recent)

Horrible place to do rewarding work

Former Employee - Regional Supervisor
    Former Employee - Regional Supervisor

I worked at Youth Villages full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They promote within and usually it's very quickly.

Cons

The promoting within in is nice up to a point. The issue is Everyone at YV is promoted from within. This means Nothing changes on how they do stuff. The managers can't think of doing thing any differently. The counselors work 60+ hours a week because of the terrible system in how they structure giving out cases. The paperwork is 20-25+ hours a week as well. Being in this work for awhile, much of the paperwork they do is unneeded and/or too long. This company will never change until the CEO and COO experience the frontline position in detail and make changes. The mid-managers sure won't change it. Also the organization chart for this company is VERY tall. There are multiple unneeded middle manger positions like Assistant Director and multiple Regional supervisor positions. They add new positions I guess when they have issues but nothing changes. Probably could pay your staff a lot more if you would elliminate some of these unneeded positions.

I guarantee the positive remarks on here are put by the current recruiting team or upper management.

Quit hiring from within after regional supervisor position unless your 100% they are they right person who is hired by you directly. You can't change moral and turnover if Nothing changes with systems and processes. The hiring insintives,etc clearly aren't working.

Great place to make a difference for children and families

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Youth Villages full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very supportive co-workers. Team approach.
    Committed to using the most effective approaches to helping children and families with the most difficult issues.
    Good benefits, tuition reimbursement for extra education, support for licensure.

Cons

It's hard work helping really challenging kids and families.
    The jobs aren't easy, but there are great emotional rewards and lots of team support.

Share more info with staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Youth Villages