Youth Villages

www.youthvillages.org

YV is the Force for Families

Regional Manager (Current Employee) Woburn, MA

ProsYouth Villages always works in the best interest of the children and families they serve. The staff have what it takes to help families be successful. Its a tough job being on call 24/7 but it works. Seeing a family in crisis and helping guide them through it is what really matters. There is always a sense of team collaberation and willingness to brainstorm interventions needed to help families. Staff have the opportiunity to be promoted within which ensures each member of leadership, managers, directors and clinical consultants, even the CEO has been in the front lines doing the clinical work that is talked about, that means the most to me. I believe in the mission and values that YV represents.

ConsIn the beginning, finding that work life balance can be tricky. YV offers a "flexible schedule" which is great, with the realization that some days and weeks will be longer than others. Once employees master the balance this type of schedule can be very rewarding. Training does take a while, the learning curve for me was about 3 months to really learn and understand the treatment model, but once I did I really liked using it.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the efforts to hear staff and put their needs at the top of the list. YV NE has made some great strides to improve the atmosphere for staff.

Youth Villages is not just a company or a job....it's a family!

I have been working at Youth Villages full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Supportive co-workers and supervisors, tuition reimbursement, company-wide competitions to promote wellness, high success rates with youth & families! Youth Villages is only getting bigger… Cons: You won't get rich working for Youth Villages but they do have great benefits. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Challenging

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Youth Villages part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You have much opportunity to make a difference in creative… Cons: Long hours are often required and expected. – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Youth Villages.

Worked for Youth Villages? Contribute to the Community!