There are newer employer reviews for Youth Villages

YV is the Force for Families

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Woburn, MA
Current Employee - Regional Manager in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Youth Villages full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Youth Villages always works in the best interest of the children and families they serve. The staff have what it takes to help families be successful. Its a tough job being on call 24/7 but it works. Seeing a family in crisis and helping guide them through it is what really matters. There is always a sense of team collaberation and willingness to brainstorm interventions needed to help families. Staff have the opportiunity to be promoted within which ensures each member of leadership, managers, directors and clinical consultants, even the CEO has been in the front lines doing the clinical work that is talked about, that means the most to me. I believe in the mission and values that YV represents.

Cons

In the beginning, finding that work life balance can be tricky. YV offers a "flexible schedule" which is great, with the realization that some days and weeks will be longer than others. Once employees master the balance this type of schedule can be very rewarding. Training does take a while, the learning curve for me was about 3 months to really learn and understand the treatment model, but once I did I really liked using it.

Advice to Management

Continue the efforts to hear staff and put their needs at the top of the list. YV NE has made some great strides to improve the atmosphere for staff.

reviews filtered by
  1. Youth Villages is not just a company or a job....it's a family!

I have been working at Youth Villages full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Supportive co-workers and supervisors, tuition reimbursement, company-wide competitions to promote wellness, high success rates with youth & families! Youth Villages is only getting bigger which mean more opportunities. Everyone I work with truly believes in the mission of helping kids & families to live together successfully, we all have the same goal in mind.

Cons

You won't get rich working for Youth Villages but they do have great benefits. The job can be intensive but also allows really flexible schedules which most of us appreciate.

2. Challenging

I worked at Youth Villages part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You have much opportunity to make a difference in creative ways.

Cons

Long hours are often required and expected.

There are newer employer reviews for Youth Villages