Youth Villages

www.youthvillages.org

Waiting for my ticket out of there

ProsThe relationships I have built with my coworkers are positive, uplifting and long lasting. I also enjoy the work with my clients.

ConsThis job is like an abusive relationship. its tears you down and makes you feel like its your own fault. Then it gives you a slight glimpse of hope which makes you think things will change..and it doesn't. Stressful work environment, no help when trying to take vacations, not feeling comfortable to go to management with problems because you will get shamed or get talked to about "time management" which the company does not help you maintain, low pay, management plays favorites and only will invest in you if you drink the company cool aid.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect and give them support. We work as a team for the betterment of these kids and their families. When the helpers feel helpless...what kind of impact are we supposed to have on other?

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Youth Villages High School

Overnight Teacher Counselor (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

I have been working at Youth Villages full-time for less than a year

Pros: The sad part about this is that there aren't any… Cons: The leadership cares about the leadership. It's a popularity vote when it comes to promotions and quarterly awards. If you are applying… Advice to Senior Management: Treat employees other than leadership equally. Think about others lives… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good Job

Teacher Counselor (Current Employee) Portland, OR

I have been working at Youth Villages full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great people to work with. Cons: Low pay is the single worst issue Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Youth Villages.

Worked for Youth Villages? Contribute to the Community!