Youth Villages
www.youthvillages.org Memphis, TN 1000 to 5000 Employees

The organization is great. Individual offices vary in the area of competence.

Biloxi, MS

ProsPrograms are effective. Organizational leadership is top notch. The organization is very active in the community. The organization keeps up with latest software advances.

ConsLeadership in states other than Tn. may be lacking. Most employees have little work experience. The work is very demanding and the documentation can be overwhelming.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe expect our families to be proactive-let's practice what we preach. Decisions seem to be made on the fly with very little prepartion.

Youth Villages is as awesome place to work!

Family Specialist (Current Employee)
    Cookeville, TN

I have been working at Youth Villages

Pros: Youth villages provides support and training necessary for the job.… Cons: You don't have a lot of time for yourself at… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Leadership by example, what a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Stay for a year...but then move on.

Senior In Home Counselor (Former Employee)
    Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Youth Villages

Pros: I personally enjoyed the amount of knowledge I gained from working with this company. I was able to learn how to document well, handle crisis… Cons: This company has a difficult time offering consistent support for employees due to everyone being overwhelmed by paperwork and case loads. The company is not… Advice to Senior Management: The southeast office does not utilize their secretary to help decrease the counselor's paperwork load. The secretary can print treatment plans, cycle times, audit charts… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Youth Villages.

Worked for Youth Villages? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Youth Villages reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Youth Villages CEO Patrick Lawler. All reviews posted anonymously by Youth Villages employees.