There are newer employer reviews for Yum!

Multi- unit manager (area coach) position at Yum Brands, specifically Taco Bell.

Current Employee - Area Coach in Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Area Coach in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Yum! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture great (at RSC only) Compensation PTO

Cons

Field Ops dog eat dog world Above store leadership quick to point the finger without taking accountability themselves No advancement, unless you work at the RSC (restaurant support center) what you are hired in at is were you will stay (so negotiate well) A lot of mediocre talent, if you have a degree, in MBA in my case, you will not utilize it nor is it valued by the company (field ops) Really too many cons to list. If your looking for a career where your always watching your back and there is no room for advancement, this is the company for you.

Advice to Management

I understand that Wall Street wants you to focus on international growth (and the share price reflects this) but your domestic business is suffering immensely. Clear out the old boy mentality and hire some talented individuals with degrees that can grow your business. DMA leaders and above are clueless of realistic operations environment and what truly drives customer satisfaction and happy employees and higher retention rates. Field Ops turnover is embarrassing, when will you realize there is a major problem with your above store leadership in place. Louisville KY is a disaster, you would think with corporate in your backyard operations would be flawless and you would have some talent in place.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Location Location Location

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Yum! full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It all depends on where you work. The better the store manager and their direction, the more you will love to work there. It's fine to boost revenue and be quick but customers matter as well. When customers aggravate you, you feel aggravated throughout the day. If the manager allows you to please the customers with perks when they are dissatisfied, then things flow so much smoother. I can not emphasize this enough. Happy customers. Happy workers.

Cons

The store managers demand more revenue and quick output without putting more emphasis on both output and customer relations.

Advice to Management

The better the manager, the better your employees will be at handling customers. Constantly train them on behavior and pleasing the customers.

2. .......NO

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Yum! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I likes the coworkers and thats about it on the pros

Cons

No breaks.. Asst. Manager would go in and change my hours... 13 hour shifts for almost 10 months i mean come on now then i left to take care of my family and they refused me

Advice to Management

Take care of your workers