Yum!
www.yum.com Louisville, KY 5000+ Employees

Loved and was loyal to the brand, but left broken hearted after being pushed out at 51.

Various (Former Employee)
Louisville, KY

ProsLot of recognition
Generally pay raises based on performance

Consat 50 you now have a target on your back. They want you gone. They have left more people go over 50 in the last 5 years then I bet they did in the first 30 years of existence. It's a shame that Novak who is over 50 does not value people with tenure who made him successful. The same for the Lawyer, the HR SVP, the Media VP, and other all who are on the senior team, collecting millions in options each year, yet finding it OK to terminate or ask people over 50 to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementDavid, you have been there a long time. You've tried many times to have great operations and it never had happened. Cutting labor, too many products, skimping on quality by cutting costs everywhere you go is only making you rich and the brand poor and inn bad shape. You forgive remodels when the brands at KFC and Pizza Hut are old in order to get concessions that line the pockets of executive. Your tenants state franchisees are partners yet you have senior management in place that thinks nothing about lying to them and it is tolerated. No organization is perfect, but it is very hard to see you and your team getting rich at the expense of the very people who supported you. Shame on you. Karma will come around!

smart people, great culture

Associate Brand Manager (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I worked at Yum! as an intern for less than a year

Pros: awesome people who you could easily be friends with outside… Cons: eating too much fast food...?? Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Place to Work

Associate Manager (Current Employee)
    Louisville, KY

I have been working at Yum! full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Belief in People! Employees are given the tools and autonomy to do their job.… Cons: Some areas of the company are not given the overall… Advice to Senior Management: Ensure all areas are given equal respect for their contributions. Althought operations and marketing drive… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Yum!.

Worked for Yum!? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yum! reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Yum! CEO David C. Novak. All reviews posted anonymously by Yum! employees.