Yum!

www.yum.com

Working hard doesn't give you a better pay.

Cashier (Former Employee) Somersworth, NH

ProsIf you want to cook this can be a good place to get experience because you'll have to learn how to fry. It's basic and a good for beginners.

ConsI worked hard there, I did everything that was asked of me and picked up other peoples slack when because they wouldn't do there job. I did this in hopes that my hard work would be noticed and because I like organization and cleanliness. I also trained incoming employees and after a short while was able do multiple jobs there. Whle the manager and other employees took smoke brakes when we had no customers I stayed inside to make sure that if any customers came in they would be taken cared of.

When they hired a new person once again I was asked to train the trainee and found out a few weeks after her being there that she was making more then me. I was more experienced, worked hard, a team player and she had next to no experience and was making more then me. I wasn't disliked there because everyone that worked there all hung out or went to parties after work together from time to time, even the manager. So there was no reason competence wise or personality wise that they would not want to pay me more over a new trainee. It was greed.

If they could get away with paying someone that works hard a small amount they were willing to do it. They did not value anyone as an employee and because of it I quite. When I told them I was quiting they offered me a raise that would be the same as the new trainee. When I turned down there offer they offered an additional 25 cent raise. I again turned them down and left there for good. Had they valued me and rewarded me for my hard work I would've stayed, but that was not the case.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue and reward your hard working employees and you will have less stress in your life and theres. Business will be better and customers will be more satisfied.

Satisfied

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

I have been working at Yum!

Pros: There is a strong culture of teamwork, collaboration, and positve energy. Employees are supportive of one another and… Cons: Advancements and promotions are kind of a mystery. Everyone's performance is measured by achievement of… Advice to Senior Management: Establish some sort of process to rotate talent through jobs at the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Yum...How we work together spirit doesn't link with how we treat our people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

I worked at Yum!

Pros: Diversity Global company Growth fast paced nice quality of life Cons: mediocre leadership inward focus unhealthy fake adverstising too political Advice to Senior Management: Treat your folks better help them accomplish goals No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Yum!.

Worked for Yum!? Contribute to the Community!